Copper Country Makers Market
- Location: Copper Mountain, CO
- Contact: Holly Robinson 970-968-6477
- Show Dates: Saturday 8/31/19 & Sunday 9/01/19
- Application Deadline: Summer 2019
- Images: 5 (a booth shot is required)
- Application Fee: $25.00
- Jury Details
- Maker Applications
The Copper Country Makers Market is held at Copper Mountain Resort. Copper Mountain Resort is located just 75 miles west of Denver and 20 miles east of Vail off Interstate I-70 at exit 195, easily accessible from both the Denver International Airport and Eagle County Airport. Copper Mountain Resort is in the heart of the Rocky Mountains. This full-scale weekend long festival brings together the country’s best music, exceptional exhibitions/sales of art, activities and entertainment. Copper Country has not only created a great name for itself it has become tradition. In past years, Copper Country has had nationally acclaimed musicians such as Lyle Lovett, Big & Rich, The Doobie Brothers, Peter Frampton, Vince Gill, and Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- Proudly accept no more than 50 makers
- Attendance – Homeowner Weekend for the resort as well as FREE concerts
- Simple application process
- Preference to returning makers’ special requests
- Reasonable booth fees
- Staggered festival load-in Friday Evening
- Overnight security
- Supportive and friendly show staff
- Bath Products & Candles: Must be hand-made and of high quality.
- Ceramics: Original clay and porcelain work other than jewelry will be accepted in this category.
- Drawing & Graphics: Works created using a dry media (chalk, charcoal, pencil, etc.) or a fluid medium of inks and washes applied by pen or brush.
- Fiber Arts: Includes basketry, embroidery, leatherwork, weaving, tapestry and papermaking.
- Floral: Includes any variety of hand made art using flowers
- Glass: All handmade glass other than jewelry and mass produced items.
- Gourmet: Homemade, pre-packed food items intended for home consumption off-site and/or gift giving. (Samples must be sent for jury)
- Jewelry: Any & All Jewelry, regardless of clay, metal, paper, plastic, glass or fiber components, must be entered in this category. No commercial casts, molds or mass produced items will be considered.
- Metal: Includes all non-sculptural, non-jewelry works crafted from metal.
- Mixed Media: Both 2 and 3-dimensional works that incorporate more than one type of physical material.
- Painting: Oils, acrylic, watercolor, pastels, etc. are to be entered in this category.
- Photography: Photographic prints made from the artist’s original image.
- Sculpture: Three dimensional original sculptures done in any medium.
- Wearable Art: No mass produced items will be accepted, regardless of embellishments. Handmade hats, belts, clothing of any kind should apply in this category.
- Wood: Original works in wood that are hand-tooled, machine-worked, turned or carved
Copper Country Art Festival Eligibility- Copper Country Accepts:
- Any artist or craftsperson exhibiting his or her own original works of art may apply
- Participation in prior years in no way guarantees acceptance
- Handmade & handcrafted items ONLY
- Professional Giclees accepted with original artwork
- We encourage you to apply in future years, since the jury committee changes each year
- This Festival is held outdoors & in the mountains.
- It will take place regardless of weather conditions
- Be prepared for any type of weather including sun, rain, wind, or snow.
- Weather will change quickly so be prepared.
- There are no rain (or snow!) dates & no refunds because of inclement weather.
- ALL booths are outside
- Copper Mountain is in the heart of the Mountains
- Weather can change quickly
- Location requests may be made at time of application
- Requests are NOT guaranteed
- Location assignments made based on Director’s vision, request considerations & medium of work
- Booth location assignments are NOT negotiable
- Changes will not be made at registration or during the days of the show
- Special needs & specific requests are taken on a first come, first served basis
- Booth location assignments are NOT negotiable and no changes will be made at registration or during the days of the show.
Parking is provided in various lots throughout the village. Please note this is for your personal vehicle/trailer for merchandise only. Camping is not allowed.
Lodging options at Copper:
- Copper Mountain Resort
- Copper Vacations
- Sky Run
- Or motel/hotel Frisco (10 minutes away) or Dillon (15 minutes away)
Security is provided in Center Village 24 hours a day, however we are not liable for the safety of your belongings.
- Lastly, we ask that you help us in promotion of this festival.
- Share that you are participating to all your mailing lists.
- Share that you are participating on your Facebook page
- Like us on Facebook and we will like you back.
For all exhibitors, all exhibits must be set up by 10am on August 31, 2019. No vehicles will be allowed in the Village after 8am, and vehicle usage is limited to ONE (1) vehicle at a time. Take down may not begin until 6pm on Sunday September 1st, 2019 You will be supplied with a setup schedule and site map at the end of August. Booth Fees are not refundable after July 15, 2019. Application fees are not refundable.Tent Information and Restrictions
All makers/vendors are to provide their own display booth, tents, chairs, racks and/or tables in order to display their work. Please see public safety weight requirements for tents. Tent Information and Restrictions
As a reminder, it is an outdoor festival, and it can be wet and windy.
Fees Due with Application:
- Jury & Application Fee: $25
Fees: Due upon Acceptance:
- 10’x10′ Booth Fee: $250
- 10’x20′ Booth Fee: $400
- Corner Space or Special Location Request (SLR) fee -Additional Fee: $75
*SLRs will be placed first all others placed in order of receipt
- Electricity Fee (limited spaces): $45
Taxes are paid to the state of Colorado. We do not collect or pay any taxes on your behalf. The tax rate at Copper Mountain is 6.375% and 4% surcharge.